Matar ka Nimona is a very traditional dish, very tasty and full of health. Here I have made it in very simple steps, so try it. I’m sure once you make it, you are going to love it. Matar ka Nimona is loved by all, so do try it. Matar ka Nimona recipe is available in Hindi and English both.
Ingredients for Matar ka Nimona:-
- Peas – 1 kg shalow grinded
- Bharta Brinjal – 1 small, peel and cut in small pieces
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1.5 teaspoon
- Tomato – 3 grinded
- Potato – 2 small cut in small pieces
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Asafetida – half teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
How to prepare Matar ka Nimona:-
- Take peas, peel it and grind it.
- Take brinjal, peel it and cut into small pieces.
- take a cooker on high flame, put Brinjal pieces in it with little Water and Salt. close gas after 2-3 whistles.
- Now take a wok/ kadahi, on high flame, put oil in it add Asafetida, Cumin seeds and Garlic Ginger paste in it.
- Simmer gas.
- Now add Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, mix it and add peas to it. Let it roast on simmer gas.
- Mix it in small intervals (2-3 minutes approx).
- Grind Tomatoes.
- Peel Potatoes and cut in small pieces.
- When masala is roasted, add grinded tomatoes to it, mix it well.
- Cover with lid and let it roast.
- When whole masala is roasted, add potatoes to it.
- Now open cooker, mash Brinjal in water.
- Now add Whole Masala to boiled mash Brinjal and mix it.
- now wait for 2 whistles.
- Close gas.
- Leave it in steam.
- Open cooker, your tasty Matar ka Nimona is ready to serve.
- You can serve it with Paratha, Roti or Rice.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Recipe and provide your valuable comment.