Tori Chilka Sabji is Very nourishing, light and healthy it completes your food. You can serve it with North Indian platter as a very tasty and nourishing veg, you can serve it with Paratha, Poori as well and serve with Boondi Raita or Curd it will give a good combination. Turai Chilka Sabji recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients of Tori Chilka Sabji:-
- Turai Chilka/ Ridge guard- covering/ Chilka of 1 kg Turai
- Medium Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 2 table spoon
How to prepare Tori Chilka Sabji:-
- Take fresh Tori or Sponge guard, peel it with knife, take out thick covering so that your sabji will have taste, as you can see in the figure.
- Now finely chop Chilka and Onion.
- Take a Wok/ Kadahi on high gas.
- Now put Oil, when heated put Asafetida, Cumin Seeds, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder and mix it with spatula.
- Now add Tori Chilka and Onion in it.
- Add Salt and simmer gas, mix it well with spatula.
- Now cover it with lid.
- Mix it in small intervals (5-6 minutes).
- After 10 minutes you will feel as it is soft.
- Now open the lid and leave it on simmer gas.
- Mix it in small intervals.
- When it is little brownish, water is dried then it means, it is cooked.
- Your Tori Chilka Sabji is ready to serve.
- You can serve it with North Indian platter as a very tasty and nourishing veg, you can serve it with Paratha, Poori as well and serve with Boondi Raita or Curd it will give a good combination.
- You can also see my Tori ki sabji recipe.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.