Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat is so mouth watering and we urge for it. It is so tempting that we can have it at any time. So you don’t have to plan ,to go out for it, it can be easily made at home in simple steps. So for what you are waiting, make it and surprise your family. Have yummy Chatpati Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat at home. Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat recipe is available both in Hindi (हिन्दी) and English.
Ingredients for Aloo Tikki Chole Chat
Step 1- for Chola:-
- Chole – 500g
- Water – 1.5 Lt
- Onion – 4 pieces finely chopped
- Tomato – 4 pieces finely chopped
- Green Coriander – 20g finely chopped
- Green Chili – 1 piece finely chopped
- Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Asafetida – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Oil – 5 table spoon
How to Prepare Chole:-
- Take a Cooker and put it on medium gas.
- Now put Chola and pour 1.5 Lt Water in it with 1 teaspoon Salt, close lid and leave for whistle.
- After 10 minutes, simmer gas.
- Hot Tip:- By this process you will not need Soda to make Chola soft.
- After 40 minutes close gas, let it be in steam.
- Meanwhile take a Kadahi/ Wok, put it on medium gas and put Oil in it.
- Now first put Asafetida then Garam Masala and Cumin Seeds and finally chopped Onion in it.
- Simmer gas.
- Let Onion fry till it is golden brown in color, mix in small intervals.
- Now put Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder and chopped Tomato in fried Onions and 1 teaspoon Salt.
- Gas will be on sim.
- Open cooker and check Chola, if it is not soft give 2-3 whistles more.
- Mix it well and put all chola in cooker and give one whistle.
- Close gas and leave it till steam is there.
- Open lid and feel the aroma of real tasty chola.
- Your yummy Chola is ready to serve.
step 2 Ingredients of Aloo Tikki:-
- Boiled Potato – 4 medium sized
- Curd – 1 bowl /4 table spoon
- Meethi Saunth Chutney/ sweet mango/ tamarind chutney– Half small bowl/ 4 table spoon
- Red chili powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Pure Ghee/ Refined Oil – 20 ml or any refined oil
- Fresh Green Coriander – 12 gm of Coriander, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 piece finely chopped
- Cornflour – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare Aloo Tikki:-
- Take potatoes in a plate, peel them and mash them/ Grate them with a grater into smooth dough.
- Now sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of Red Chili Powder, 1/2 teaspoon of Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of Coriander Powder, with 1 teaspoon Cornflour.
- Hot Tip:- Cornflour is used so that Tikki is made easily as potato will not splash.
- Mix it well.
- Make small balls of mashed potatoes.
- Take a Tawa/ Griddle.
- Put on medium gas.
- Put little Desi Ghee/ Oil, with Flat Spatula and grease it well.
- Now put balls on it.
- Simmer gas.
- Now the upper layer of potato is pinkish.
- Do them upside down.
When both sides are reddish pinkish than press them to flat delicately.
- Meanwhile you churl the Curd, and put ½ tea spoon of Salt in it.
- Now repeat process, till it is reddish and crispy on both side.
Serve Aloo Tikki Chole Chat:-
- Take a plate, place 2 tikki and put little Chola on it.
- Now pour 2 tablespoon Curd on it, then1 tablespoon Meethi Chutney on it.
- Sprinkle little Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder on it.
- Put little finely chopped Onion and Green Coriander on it.
- Serve it hot.
- Your yummy Aloo Tikki Chole is ready to serve.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.