Dal Rasam is a dish from South India. It is very tasty and full of health and nutritious value. It can be also taken as soup or serve it hot with Chawal/ White Rice and Tomato Onion Chutney and Curd/ Dahi. Dal Rasam Recipe is available both in Hindi (हिंदी) and English.
Serves 4 persons:
Ingredients of Dal Rasam:-
- Arhar/ Tur Dal – 180g
- Water – 1lt
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind paste – 1.5 teaspoon
- Rasam powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green coriander leaves – 20g
How to prepare Dal Rasam:-
- Soak Dal for 15 minutes.
- Take a cooker and put Dal in it, pour 1 Lt Water and add Turmeric Powder and Salt on medium gas.
- Close lid and leave, till steam is made and let it blow whistle, leave till 8 whistles then close gas.
- Leave it in steam.
- Meanwhile take a Kadhai and put Tamarind Paste with 60ml Water, when boiled add Asafetida and Red Chili Powder in it and Rasam Powder (of any company, I use M.T.R).
- When it boils, add Dal to it.
- Garnish it with green coriander leaves.
- Your yummy tasty Rasam is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with Chawal/White Rice and Tomato Onion Chutney and Curd/ Dahi.
- Add taste to it with Hari Mirch ka Achaar.
- Serve it hot.
Related Recipes संबंधित व्यंजन
- Masala Dosa Recipe
- Soft Idli Sambar Recipe
- Urad Dal Ke Vade Recipe
- Onion Uttapam Recipe
- Tomato Onion Uttapam Recipe
- Sambar Recipe
- Coconut/ Nariyal Chutney Recipe
- Rice Recipe Chawal
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.