Idli Sambar is a South Indian dish and its recipe is very easy. It is full of taste and nourishment. Idli can be Served with Sambar and Coconut Chutney. We can prepare the Batter required for the Idli in the house very easily. Idli Sambar Recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients to Prepare Idli Batter:-
- Measurement is 1 cup = 250ml
- Rice – 2 cup regular Rice
- Urad dal /Black Split Lentil – 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek Seed (Methi) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Flattened Rice (Poha) – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water according to requirement during grinding it
Batter Preparation for Idli:-
- Take a bowl and put Rice and Flattened Rice (Poha), soak them overnight.
- Take Dal and Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) together, wash it and soak it for overnight, do not throw its water as it will help while grinding Dal and Chawal.
- In the morning wash Rice, grind both Rice and Dal separately using Grinder, put Dal water in the grinder when needed, till Batter becomes smooth.
- Now mix Rice and Dal paste together, mix thoroughly and put Salt in the Batter.
- Put a lid and keep it aside for whole day for Fermentation i.e 8-9 hours, Fermentation is best in warm weather.
- Hot Tip:-Always keep the batter in a big bowl as batter doubles when fermented.
- Till the night your Batter is Fermented, but if not, then keep for some more time.
- When Fermented, your Batter is ready to make Idli and Dosa.
- You can purchase Batter from market also but do check expiry.
- For Idli, you should have Idli Molds.
How to make Idli:-
- Take the mold, take oil on the tip of your finger and spread it on the round place where you will put the Batter.
- Now pour Batter in it with a ball-shaped spoon.
- Now take Idli Maker.
- Put around 500 ml of water in it, ensure that the water level should not be more than the last idly plate. Keep Idli mold in Idli maker.
- Close lid, simmer gas.
- Leave it for 25 minutes.
- Note:- Check if the Idli is properly cooked by putting a Butter Knife inside Idli, If it is dry, your Idli is ready, if not then give 1-2 minutes more.
- When Idli is made, close gas and cover lid, leave it for 15 minutes.
- Doing this will help to take out Idli smoothly without sticking.
- To take out Idli, first remove it from sides with a butter knife or from the spoon, so that it will not break and come out smoothly.
- Your Soft Idli is ready to be served.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.