Sambar is very Tempting and nourishing, made of Arhar Dal/ Tur Dal and Vegetables. It can be served with Idli and Masala Dosa. It is very tasty and can be served with Rice also. Sambar recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Serves 6 persons
This recipe is made in 3 simple steps:-
1. Step 1:- Dal is the base of Sambar, so first make Boiled Dal.
2. Step 2:- Vegetables are taste of Sambar, so cook vegetables for it.
3. Step 3:- When cooked Dal and Veg are put together, then Sambar is made. This is final step to make Sambar.
Ingredients of Sambar:-
Step 1 Ingredients for Boiled Dal:-
- Arhar Dal – 150gm
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt for Dal – 1 teaspoon
- Water for Dal – 800 ml
- Tomato – 2 piece uncut
Step 2 Ingredients for cooked vegetables
- Salt for veg – 1 teaspoon
- Rai (Brown mustard seed) – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- French beans – 150 gm finely chopped
- Carrot – 150 gm finely chopped
- Round Brinjal – 1 finely chopped
- Drumstick – 2 cut in big pieces
Final Step 3 Ingredients For Sambar:-
- Boiled Dal [from Step 1]
- Cooked Vegetables [from Step 2]
- Put water in Dal after putting cooked Veg in Dal – 500 ml
- Sambar Masala – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric paste – 1 tablespoon
How to prepare Sambar:-
Step 1: Prepare Boiled Dal:-
- Take Arhar Dal and soak it for ½ an hour.
- After 1/2 an hour, take a cooker and put soaked Dal in it and Tomatoes.
- Put Turmeric Powder and salt in the Dal with Water and put on medium gas.
- Leave it till 8 whistles, close Gas and leave till steam is there, put it aside.
Step 2: How to prepare Veg:-
- First take all veg and finely chop it. Peel Carrot before chopping it.
- Take Drumstick and cut into big pieces.
- Take a Kadahi, put oil in it on high gas.
- When Oil is heated, first put Rai in it, when it is fried, put Cumin Seeds, it will soon be brown so put all chopped veg in it together, mix it well.
- Now put Salt and simmer gas and cover it with a lid.
- Check the Veg, if they are cooked, close Gas.
Final Step 3: Make Sambar:-
- Open cooker, mash the tomatoes in it, put cooked veg with sambar masala and mix it well.
- Add Water, Tamarind Paste to it and mix it well.
- Keep on high flame.
- After 1 whistle, close the Gas and keep till steam is there.
- Now open the lid your Sambar is ready to serve.
- Serve it with Nariyal Chutney, Idli and Masala Dosa.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.