Kanji ke Vade is good for digestion and awesome in taste, so in Holi we make it. It is so tasty to eat and very easy to make. In Holi we prepare very oily stuff and Kanji ke Vade gives our stomach soothing effect. So try it and enjoy it. Kanji ke Vade Recipe is available in both Hindi (हिन्दी) and English.
Ingredients For Kanji ke Vade:-
Step 1 Ingredients of Moong dal Vada:-
- Moong dal – 250 gm
- Asafetida – ½ teaspoon
- Water – 50 ml
- Mixer Grinder
- Water in a big bowl with 2 teaspoon of Salt to soak Vada
Step 2:- Ingredients for Kanji Ka Pani:-
- Water – 2 Lt
- Rai/ Black Mustard Seeds – 60 gms grinded
- Salt – 2 Teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare Kanji ke Vade:-
Step 1: For kanji ke Vade Water:-
- Take 2 Lt of Water and Put grinded Rai/ Black Mustard Seeds, Salt and Asafetida in it.
- Mix it well, Cover it with a plate and put it under sun.
- Mix it in 2 hours with dry spoon and let it be till Sun is there.
Step 2: To make Pakori for Kanji Ke Vade:-
- Take Moong Dal and soak it for 4 hrs.
Moong Dal soaked भीगी हुई मूँग दाल
- Now wash it and put soaked Dal in Grinder, add Asafetida in it.
- Churn it into paste.
- Now take it out in a bowl and add 50 ml of water. Mix it well.
- Take a Kadahi on high gas and fill it half with Oil.
- Let it heat.
- Take a big bowl filled with water and put 2 teaspoon of Salt in it and keep it aside.
- When Oil is hot, take Dal paste in your hand and carefully put small balls of it in Kadahi.
- Do it upside down after 30 sec and let it fry.
- Repeat this in small intervals.
- When balls are reddish from both side take it out.
- Now put these balls in water and let it soak.
- Putting them in water takes extra oil out in water.
Moong Dal Vade soaked in water मूँग दाल के बड़े पानी में भीगे हुए
- Your Moong Dal Vada are ready.
- Now let them cool.
Mix them to make Kanji ke Vade:-
- In the night when your water is little bit ready and Vadas are cool, take out vadas from water and press them softly so that it shoudn’t break and slightly put it in the Kanji ka pani.
- Cover it with the lid i.e plate.
- Now put it in Sun for 1 days and don’t forget to mix it with dry spoon in 2 hours.
- On third day it is ready, you taste it, the water will be khatta and vadas very tasty.
- Your kanji Ke Vade are ready to serve.
More Recipes for Holi
- Gujiya recipe Vidhi for Holi
- Mathri Recipe
- Namak Pare Recipe
- Moong Dal dahi Bhalla/ Dahi Vada Recipe
- Urad Dal Dahi Vada/ Dahi Bhalla Recipe