Bitter gourd is full of health and taste. Here I have given the method by which its bitterness will decrease and it will be yummy in taste. Karele ki sabji is all time hit, you can have it in lunch and dinner both with Dal, Roti and Paratha etc. Karele ki sabji recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients of Karele ki Sabzi:-
- Bitter gourd – 250 gm
- Onion – 4 medium finely chopped
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Saunf/ Fennel seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to prepare Karele ki Sabzi:-
- Take bitter gourd, wash it and cut into round thin slices.
- Now mix salt to it.
- Keep it aside for half an hour.
- Now wash thoroughly, so that extra salt will be washed.
- Chop onion.
- Now put oil in kadahi, keep it on high flame.
- When oil is heated put cumin seed and asafoetida in it.
- Now put finely chopped onion to it.
- When onions are soft, add bitter gourd, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder to it.
- Do not add salt.
- Mix it well, close lid.
- Simmer gas.
- Mix it in 2-3 minutes.
- It takes 10 – 12 minutes to cook.
- When bitter gourd is soft, that means it is cooked, open lid and leave it on simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix well in every 1 minute.
- Close gas.
- Your karele ki sabji is ready to serve.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.