We buy Curd (Dahi/ Yogurt) from market. Curd/ Dahi can be easily made at home, which is more tasty and nourishing. If you follow these simple steps, Curd will be made at home, it will be more healthy and tasty. Homemade Dahi/ Curd recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients of Homemade Dahi Making of Curd:-
- Milk – 1 Lt
- Curd – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare Homemade Dahi Making of Curd:-
- Take Milk and boil it.
- Keep it to cool.
- When the Milk is moderate hot i.e you can check by putting your finger in it, if you can tolerate the hotness of milk , then it is ready.
- Hot Tip:- You do moderate hot Milk whole year, but from May end to July make sure that it is very mild hot, and then do the process, otherwise your Curd will not be hard and only water will be there.
- Take a bowl and put 1/2 teaspoon of Curd in it, now pour Milk into it, so that Milk and Curd get mixed.
Now pour it from one vessel to another 2 – 3 times.
- You will see white foam is coming.
- Now cover bowl with the lid and keep it aside.
- Don’t move it if once placed.
- Note:- If you want solid Curd don’t move it.
- Hot Tip:- Curd needs a definite temperature to be made, so in summers you can take simple steel utensil to prepare it but in winters a casserole is needed or cover the bowl with a shawl or sweater so that it gets that temperature to make Curd.
- After 5 hrs, when you will open the lid, Curd will be there.
- First put this Curd in refrigerator and let it cool for 2-3 hours, then serve it.
- Your homemade healthy and tasty Curd is ready.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.