Sambar Vada is easy to make, very healthy as it has ingredients like Urad Dal and Rice with Fenugreek seeds. It is a South Indian Recipe served with Sambar and Coconut Chutney. Sambar Vada recipe is available in Hindi (हिन्दी) and English both.
Ingredients of Sambar Vada:-
- Urad Dal – 300gm
- Rice – 150 gm
- Chana dal – 80 gm
- Fenugreek seeds/ Methidana – 1 teaspoon
- Oil –half kadhai to fry
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Mixer Grinder
- Vada Maker
- Note:- You can get Vada Maker from any utensil shop, it is easily available.
How to prepare Sambar Vada:-
- Soak Urad Dal, Chana dal, Rice and Fenugreek overnight.
- Strain the Water and wash thoroughly, grind mixture in the grinder, add Salt, Red chili powder and Asafetida, grind it, till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Now take Kadahi (wok) and put oil to heat on high flame.
- Fill the mixture in Vada maker.
- When the oil is heated, put the mixture into it through Vada maker.
- Now leave it for 1 minute then upside down.
- Do this process till the Vada’s are brownish in shade.
- Now take them out.
- They are ready to serve.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.