Mango, we all love it and have it in many ways. As it is available for 2-3 months only, we make pickle of it to have it all round the year. Here I have given a very simple method to make Khatta Aam ka Lacha Achar, which is so yummy in taste that you will be happy to have it and it will enhance taste of every thing you eat. So try it. Khatta Aam ka Lacha Achar recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Please also see Meetha Aam ka Lacha Achar Recipe. You will like it.
Ingredients of Khatta Aam ka Lacha Achar:-
- Raw Mango – 1 kg
- Salt – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Kala Chana/ Chick peas – 20 gm
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Asafetida – 6 gm
- Mangrel/ Black Nigella Seeds– 10 gm
- Moti Saunf/ Fennel Seeds – 60 gm
- Methi/ Fenugreek – 10 gm
- Mustard Oil – 350 ml
How to prepare Khatta Aam ka Lacha Achar:-
- Take raw Mangoes, peel them and grate them into Lacha.
- Now take all Lacha in a big bowl and put Kala Chana, Salt and Turmeric Powder, mix well.
- Note – wash kala chana and dry it and then put it in lachcha, it will swell in it.
- Cover it with the jali and put it in Sun.
- Mix it well 2-3 times.
- After 24 hrs i.e if you have made this mixture in morning 10 am, then next day same time you will put masala in it.
- Take Mangrel, Saunf and Methi in a grinder and grind it little, do not make powder.
- Mix all grind Masala, Red Chili Powder, Asafetida, mix well and then add Mustard Oil in it and mix it well.
- Your Mixture is ready, cover it again with a jali and put in sun for 5-6 days.
- Note:- If there is no sun, no problem keep it in safe place.
- Mix it well 2-3 times a day.
- After 6 days, put all Achar in a glass jar, be careful jar should be dry.
Final touching to preserve Khatta Aam ka Lacha Achar:-
- Press Achar in jar so that oil comes up from all side, this is necessary.
- Do not put lid, cover it with a linen cloth so that your Achar gets air.
- After 6 days you can taste Achar.
- Be careful, always put dry spoon inside the jar and after taking out Achar, press the Achar in jar so that Oil comes up.
- Your tasty Aam ka Khatta Lacha is ready.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.