Rava/ Sooji Upma is a South Indian dish, very tasty and healthy. You can easily prepare Rava/ Sooji Upma and serve it as breakfast or as food also. Sooji Upma recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Serves 4 Persons
Ingredients of Rava/ Sooji Upma:-
- Semolina – 75g
- Water – 400 ml
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Rai/ brown mustard seed – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger – a pinch
- Chana dal/Bengal gram split and skinned – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal /black gram skinned – 1 teaspoon
- Moong fali dana/raw peanuts – 2 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 piece finely chopped
- Green chili – 2 piece do only 2 pieces of one chili
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare Rava/ Sooji Upma:-
- Take a kadahi/ wok on medium gas.
- Put oil in it and when hot, first fry peanuts and keep them aside.
- Simmer gas.
- Now put rai in it, when it is fried, put ginger, then finely chopped onion in it and green chili pieces.
- Put chana dal and urad dal in it.
- Onion must be white, lightly fried.
- Put fried peanut in it.
- Pour water into it.
- Put salt in it.
- Put gas on medium.
- Wait till it boils.
- Now put your Spatula in middle of the wok (Kadahi).
- From left hand pour Sooji slowly, and from right hand churl it well in the Kadahi.
- Do it, till whole Sooji is poured into it.
- This is a essential part, so that gaanth is not formed in Suji, the texture will be smooth.
- Now sim gas and put a lid and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Close the gas and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Your tasty Upma is ready to serve.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.
रवा/ सूजी का उपमा बनाने की विधि Rava/ Sooji Upma Recipe
पारूल मित्तल Parul Mittal
Based on 23 Review(s)