We all love Idli Sambar and Dosa very much. We can prepare the Batter in the house very easily. Here I have given very easy way to prepare Dosa Idli Sambar Batter at home. With this Batter you can make Soft Idli Sambar and Crispy Masala Dosa. In Dosa you need a little thin paste then Idli. In Dosa Batter I use Flattened Rice (Poha) to make it crispy and Fenugreek seeds are good for fermentation. Don’t worry for the remaining batter, you can keep it in refrigerator and use it next day, take it 1 hr before using. It takes long to make but when you eat it, I think it is worth. Dosa Idli Batter Recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients to Prepare Batter:-
Measurement is 1 cup = 250ml
- Rice – 2 cup regular Rice
- Urad dal /Black Split Lentil – 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek Seed (Methi) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Flattened Rice (Poha) – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tea spoon
- Water according to requirement during grinding it.
How to prepare:-
- Take a bowl and put Rice and Flattened Rice (Poha), soak them overnight.
- Take Dal and Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) together, wash it and soak it for overnight, do not throw its water as it will help while grinding Dal and Chawal.
- In the morning wash Rice, grind both Rice and Dal separately using Grinder, put Dal water in grinder when needed, till Batter becomes smooth.
- Now mix Rice and Dal paste together thoroughly and put Salt in the Batter.
- Put a lid and keep it aside for whole day for Fermentation i.e 8-9 hours, Fermentation is best in warm weather.
- Hot Tip:-Always keep batter in big bowl as batter doubles when fermented.
- Till the night your Batter is Fermented, but if not, then keep for some more time.
- When Fermented, your Batter is ready to make Idli and Dosa.
Related Recipes संबंधित व्यंजन
- Masala Dosa Recipe
- Soft Idli Sambar Recipe
- Urad Dal Ke Vade Recipe
- Onion Uttapam Recipe
- Sambar Recipe
- Coconut/ Nariyal Chutney Recipe
- Rice Recipe Chawal
- Rasam Recipe
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Recipe and provide your valuable comment.