Malai Kofta is a mouthwatering dish. We go to restaurants to have it. Here as I have given the recipe, it is very easy to make and very tasty. Try it. You can serve it with Roti, Paratha, Naan or Puri and Matar Pulao. Malai Kofta recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients for Malai Kofta:-
- Boiled Potato – 4 medium
- Puree Onion – 4 medium
- Puree Tomato – 5 medium
- Cottage Cheese/ Paneer – 70 gm
- Fresh Cream – 100 gm
- Cornflour – 4 teaspoon
- Cloves – 4 piece
- Green Cardamom – 4 piece
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 440 ml
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Oil half Kadahi full for deep fry
How to prepare Malai Kofta:-
Preparation of Kofta:-
- Take boiled Potato, Paneer and put 1 teaspoon cornflour, 1 teaspoon Salt and 1 teaspoon Pepper on it.
- Mash it and mix it well in a smooth texture.
- Take a bowl and put 2 teaspoons of Cornflour and mix little Water to it.
- keep it aside.
- Take out Fresh Cream to put in between the balls.
- Now make small balls of the mixture.
- Make a whole in between the ball.
- Put little Fresh Cream in it.
- Again make a ball.
- Dip in Cornflour mixture and keep it in the plate.
- When the whole mixture is finished, take a kadhai on high flame and fill it half with oil to deep fry.
- When heated, put 3-4 balls only in Oil.
- Do not touch it until it is reddish from the bottom.
- Gently do it upside down.
- Take it out when it is golden brown.
- Put them aside.
- Take a kadhai and put 2 tablespoons of Oil in it on high flame.
- Put Asafetida, Cloves, and Cardamom in it, add Garam Masala to it.
- When fried put Onion in it.
- Let it be golden brown.
- Meanwhile, take a small bowl, put Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder and Coriander powder in it, add little water and let it soak.
- When Onion is golden brown, add soaked masala to it.
- Let it mix well with Onion, again put 20 ml of water to it, when done again pour 20 ml of Water to Masala and let it fry.
- When Masala is golden, put Tomato gravy to it and add Salt.
- Simmer gas and cover it with lid.
- When Oil is visible from all sides, Put Fresh Cream to it, mix it and again cover with lid for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute Fresh cream will blend with Masala and Oil will be visible in corners.
- Put 400 ml of Water in it and put it in a cooker and give 2 whistles.
The final step to serve:-
- Place your fried Koftas in serving dish, your gravy is ready, pour it on your Koftas.
- Wait for half an hour, so that Kofta soaks gravy.
- Your yummy Malai Kofta is ready to serve.
- If it is cold, microwave it.
- You can serve it with Roti, Paratha, Naan or Puri and Matar Pulao.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.