We visit restaurants for tempting food, so here is Dum Aloo Recipe specially for you, so that you can enjoy special food at your own place. Dum Aloo is easy to prepare and can be served with Naan/ Roti, Matar Pulao. Dum Aloo recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Serves 4 Persons
Ingredients for Dum Aloo:-
- Potatoes – Small Size 6 Potatoes cut into two pieces horizontally
- Onion – 4 pieces
- Tomato – 4 pieces
- Oil – ½ Wok/ Kadahi
- Cumin Seed – 2 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
- Cloves – 4 piece
- Cardamom – 4 piece
- Bay Leaf – 1 piece
How To Prepare Dum Aloo:–
1. Method to fry potato:-
- First take potatoes, wash them and peel the outer covering.
- Now just cut them from middle into 2 pieces horizontally.
- Take a fork and make holes in it.
- Take water in a bowl and put 1 teaspoon salt in it.
- Now put potatoes in it.
- Hot Tip:- Always put potatoes in water, there color will not turn black. Making hole helps salt to penetrate inside potato and it tastes good.
- Take a kadahi/ wok and fill it half with oil and keep on medium gas.
- This is for potatoes to deep fry them.
- When Oil is hot put Potatoes into it and let them fry.
- After small intervals do it upside down with the help of Perforated Spoon.
- Let them be dark red in color.
- When potatoes are dark red from all side, take them out and repeat same process with the left potatoes.
- Now keep them aside.
2. Method to prepare masala for Dum aloo:-
- You have 4 pieces of Onion, peel them, grind 3 Onions in a grinder and chop 1 Onion into small pieces.
Hot Tip:- This is called Do Pyaza, means Onion finely chopped and grind both are used and it gives 100 times better flavor to your veg.
- Take a new kadahi/ wok and put 4 table spoon Oil in it and keep on medium gas.
- Now first put Cloves, Cardamom and Bay Leaf in the oil then Asafetida, Garam Masala and Cumin Seeds and then finely chopped Onion in it and let it fry, mix it well in small intervals, simmer gas.
Hot Tip:- Following upper step will add aroma and flavor to your veg.
- When Onion is reddish in color add grind Onion to it and let it to be fried, mix it well in small intervals.
- Meanwhile you grind Tomatoes in a grinder.
- Take a small bowl and put Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder in it and put 3 teaspoon water in it, keep it aside.
Hot Tip:- When you put small amount of water in the Masala and leave it for some time, it becomes more effective.
- When Onion is reddish in color, pour this wet Masala in it with ½ bowl water and leave it for 1 minute and then pour grind Tomato in it, mix it well and put Salt in it.
- Now let it to be fried.
- When Tomatoes are brownish in color, your Dum Aloo Masala is ready.
Mix masala to fried potato:-
- Now put fried Potato pieces in Masala and mix it well.
- Now put all veg in a cooker on medium gas, and pour 250ml of water in it and wait for a whistle.
- After 1 whistle close gas.
- Wait till steam is there, till now you can feel the aroma of Dum Aloo.
- Open the lid, your tasty Dum Aloo is ready to be served.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.