We visit restaurants for tempting food, so here is Dum Aloo Recipe especially for you, so that you can enjoy special food at your own place. Dum Aloo is easy to prepare and can be served with Naan/ Roti, Matar Pulao. Dum Aloo recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Serves 4 Persons
Ingredients for Dum Aloo:-
- Potatoes – Small Size 6 Potatoes cut into two pieces horizontally
- Onion – 4 pieces
- Tomato – 4 pieces
- Oil – ½ Wok/ Kadahi
- Cumin Seed – 2 teaspoon
- Asafetida – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
- Cloves – 4 piece
- Cardamom – 4 piece
- Bay Leaf – 1 piece
How To Prepare Dum Aloo:–
1. Method to fry potato:-
- Take water in a bowl and put 1 teaspoon salt in it.
- Now take potatoes, wash it and peel it.
- Cut it from the middle into 2 pieces horizontally.
- Take a fork and make holes in it.
- Now put potatoes in water and keep it aside.
- Hot Tip:- Always put potatoes in water, its color will not turn black. Making hole helps salt to penetrate inside potato and it tastes good.
- Take a kadhai and fill it half with oil and keep it on high flame.
- let it heat.
- Before pouring potatoes in a kadhai for deep fry, dry wet potatoes by a napkin so that oil will not splash.
- When Oil is hot, put potatoes into it and let them fry.
- After small intervals do it upside down with the help of Perforated Spoon.
- Let them be golden brown.
- When potatoes are golden brown from all side, take them out and repeat the same process with the left potatoes.
- Now keep them aside.
2. Method to prepare masala for Dum aloo:-
- You have 4 pieces of Onions, grind 3 of it and finely chop 1.
Hot Tip:- This is called Do Pyaza, means Onion finely chopped and grind both are used and it gives 100 times better flavor to your veg.
- Take a new kadhai and put 4 tablespoon oil in it, keep on high flame.
- First put cloves, cardamom and bay leaf in the oil then asafetida, garam masala, and cumin seeds and then finely chopped Onion in it, simmer gas and let it fry.
- Mix it well in small intervals (approx 1 minute).
Hot Tip:- Following upper step will add aroma and flavor to your veg.
- When Onion is golden add grind onion to it, let it fry.
- Mix it well in small intervals.
- Meanwhile, grind Tomatoes in a grinder.
- Take a small bowl and put red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder in it and put 3 teaspoon water in it, keep it aside.
Hot Tip:- When you put a small amount of water in the Masala and leave it for some time, it becomes more effective.
- When Onion is golden brown, add this wet Masala and mix well, pour grind Tomato in it.
- Mix it well and put Salt in it.
- Now let it fry.
- When Tomatoes are brownish in color, your Dum Aloo Masala is ready.
Mix masala to fried potato:-
- Put fried Potato pieces in Masala and mix it well.
- Put veg in a cooker on high flame, pour 250 ml of water in kadhai and then mix well and put it in cooker so that left masala will also go into a cooker, close lid and wait for a whistle.
- After 1 whistle close gas.
- Wait till steam is there, till now you can feel the aroma of Dum Aloo.
- Open the lid, your tasty Dum Aloo is ready to be served.
- Enjoy Dum Aloo with Naan/ Roti, Matar Pulao.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.
दम आलू बनाने की विधि Dum Aloo Recipe
पारूल मित्तल Parul Mittal
Based on 148 Review(s)
Shandar dum aloo
Very nice recipe
Mja aavi gya yl parul.. ………..luv ittt
Awesome dam aalu
Yummy test dum aalu
Thanks Basant for the encouraging words.
Very Nic dum aalu
Gjb ki recpi h mja aa gya
Wav so super dum aalu khake bahut maja aaya
Ek dum perfect
Ek Dum perfect Dum aalu mja aa gya
It’s ready now
Very nice flavour and recipe
Thanks Vinod, do visit again.
Thanks Ajay, visit again.
Mem kasam se puri family aapki fan Ho gai
Thanks Shahzad, do visit again.