Gajar Gobhi Achar is mouth watering pickle, with nourishment and health. It is so easy to make, that when you think it is on your table. In winters sometimes we feel too cold to go in kitchen, for that time this pickle is a gift for you. It is made of cauliflower, reddish, carrot and turnip, all full of energy and nutrition. Gajar Gobhi Achar enhances taste of your dinner, lunch. It can be taken with Mathri as a snack. It can be used as veg with Paratha and Poori’s. It is all in one. It can be eaten round the year. Easy to make and is yummy in taste. Refrigerate it, Rai is a good digestive, so contents used in it are good in digestion. Looks beautiful and colourful, when served everybody will love it. So try it. Gajar Gobhi Achar recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English.
Ingredients of Gajar Gobhi Achar:-
- Cauliflower – 1 whole
- Reddish – 2 pieces
- Carrot – 6 pieces
- Turnip – 2 piece
- Salt – 1 table spoon
- Brown Mustard Seeds – 75g grind it in grinder
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 table spoon
- Mustard Oil – 300 ml
How to prepare Gajar Gobhi Achar:-
- Cut the vegetables in big pieces beautifully.
- Now take a 5 Lt Bhagona, fill it half, boil it.
- Note – Fill that much of Water, in which all cut Vegetables can be soaked after it is boiled.
- When Water is boiling, put all Vegetables in it and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Now open the lid and see, if they are slightly soft, close gas and take them out.
- Put them on a Cotton Cloth or Towel to dry in Sun.
- Leave them for 5-6 hours and do them upside down so that they are dried from all sides.
- Now take them in a deep bowl, put all dried vegetables in it.
- Now put grinded Mustard seeds, Red Chili powder, Turmeric powder and Salt with Mustard Oil.
- Mix them well, so that Masala mix well.
- Do not air tight it, cover it with a lid.
- If sunlight is there, keep in sun, if not let it be inside.
- Now mix it 2-3 times a day.
- In 10-12 days your Achar is ready to eat.
- Serve it with Meals or Mathri also.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Recipe and provide your valuable comment.