Pindi chola-Pindi Chana-Punjabi Pindi Chana, it is a mouth watering dish, very good in taste and easy to make. Try it. You can serve it with Roti, Paratha, Naan or Puri and Matar Pulao. Pindi chola recipe is available in Hindi (हिंदी) and English both.
Ingredients for Pindi Chola:-
- Chola/ Chickpea – 500 gm
- Onion – 2 medium size grind it
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 2 big
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Green Chili – 2
- Tamarind Paste – 2 tablespoon
- Chai Patti/ Tea Leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 500 ml
- Oil – 5 tablespoon
- Asafetida – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Laung/ Clove – 6 Cloves
- Badi Elaichi/ Black Cardamom – 2 piece
- Choti Elaichi/ Green Cardamom – 6 piece
- Lohe ki kadahi
How to prepare Pindi chola:-
First step to boil Chola:-
- Take a Cooker and put it on medium gas.
- Now put Chola and pour 1.5 Lt Water in it with 1 teaspoon Salt, close lid and leave for whistle.
- After 10 minutes, simmer gas.
Hot Tip:- By this process you will not need Soda to make Chola soft.
- After 40 minutes close gas, let it be in steam.
- Open cooker and check Chola, if it is not soft give 2-3 whistles more.
Second step to prepare Pindi Chola:-
First take all Black cardamom, Green Cardamom and Clove in an Okhli/ Mortar and crush it, remove covering.
- Take a kadahi and put Oil in it on simmer gas.
- Put Asafetida in it and Cumin Seeds, when fried put all crushed Masala in it.
- Now put Onion Paste in it and let it be golden brown.
- Mix it well in small intervals.
Do this Preparation till your Onions are fried:-
- Meanwhile take Tomatoes, Garlic and Green Chili in a grinder and make puree.
- Take lohe ki kadahi and put Tamarind Paste in it with Chai Patti and water, mix it and keep it on high flame.
- Let it boil for few minutes so that colour comes good.
- Take a strainer and strain boiling water in a cup and keep aside.
- Till now your Onions are golden brown, add chopped Onion to it and again wait it to be golden brown.
- When Onion is golden brown, put Tomato puree in it and wait till Oil comes out from all sides.
- Keep on mixing it in small intervals.
- When Tomatoes are done, put Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder and Salt in it.
- Put boiled Chole in this mixture and add strained boiled water to it with Garam Masala, mix it well and give 1 whistle to it.
- Close gas, your yummy Pindi Chola are ready to serve.
- Serve hot.
- You can serve it with Roti, Paratha, Naan or Puri and Matar Pulao.
Your feedback is important for us. Please rate the Article and provide your valuable comment.